You can be #GreensboroBound19!
Do you love books and reading?
Are you interested in giving your time to help out with #GreensboroBound19?
If so, we want you!
The 2019 Greensboro Bound Literary Festival will take place May 16th– 19th at the Cultural Arts Center, the Central Library, the History Museum, the International Civil Rights Center, and Triad Stage. This year we will need volunteers to help with the the two day festival on Saturday and Sunday, as well as some evening events.
Many volunteer opportunities are available: Greeters, Ushers, Hospitality, Author Escorts, and more!
You will be our front-line ambassador, greeting guests from all over the State and beyond.
- Must enjoy serving the public, and must be committed to fulfilling assigned shift.
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of the festival to volunteer. Volunteers under age 18 must submit a permission form signed by a parent or guardian before volunteering.
- Volunteers must attend one of the one hour training sessions in early May: Training dates: May 4, May 11, or May 13.
BENEFITS TO VOLUNTEERS: There will be a volunteer hospitality room during the event. In appreciation for your support, volunteers will receive a festival t-shirt, a chance to interact with authors, and a meaningful way to build community.
SPREAD THE WORD: Please help us to recruit other committed volunteers. Invite your friends and family, co-workers, club members, and others!
HOW TO VOLUNTEER: Volunteers will need to sign up online at the link below. The deadline to sign up to volunteer is April 25.
Here are a few signup tips:
- Skip password unless you have been assigned one
- Click on “see description” next to shift times to get a basic idea of duties for a particular job.
- Click on the box under the disclaimer to complete your registration.
- Shift times may change slightly once the program is finalized.
Sign up here ——> Volunteer for GreensboroBound
Check the latest news
In its second year, Greensboro Bound has launched a Resident Artists program designed to bring together literature and visual arts. Greensboro Bound’s resident artists will circulate among festival participants on Saturday, May 18, creating work that reflects the...
written by Gale Greenlee The countdown continues to Greensboro Bound, May 16-19. And this week, we’re hosting someone special. Jason Reynolds, author of the YA novel, When I Was the Greatest and the middle grade series Ghost, will take the mic Wednesday,...
Here at Greensboro Bound, we take pleasure in bringing you, not only authors you've read and loved, but writers you will love WHEN you read. Sometimes, we showcase emerging or underrepresented authors because we want to encourage a sense of adventure and an...